View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Default OJ newbie question

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I know there are going to be some people that are un happy that you brought this up before the auctions have ended but since the cat is out of the bag. I do have something to add about these auctions but do not relate to your questions.

I called the seller yesterday and found out that if the cards are authentic they are skinned. They have "very thin photo stock" was his comment. As I asked a few more questions and questioned the authenticity and explained to him that the card stocks on unskinned OJs are very thicked and they are probably skinned if real. He got pissie and told me not to bid on the auction. The guy did use a scanner to make the images. It amazes me why people do not use backgrounds.

One thing you will find about advanced OJ collectors is that they are very they tend to hold back some information about toughies, I do believe there are still poses out there that have never been since but only advanced collectors would have a clue which ones they are when they come up. Hopefully you can get some answers for your questions, Bill.

Lee