View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Default Just How Tuff T206 Rare Backs Are...

Posted By: mr. moses

that as a result of reading threads on this forum that I am going to have to chase a "back" type set (excluding blank back-no interest) from the T206 series. I will have to have a plan obviously to maneuver my way around the rarity and expense issues. So far I have decided that I will be looking for low grades. Since I anticipate that the brand is now and would continue to be most important to me - I suppose that the visual presentation of the back is primary although I don't think I could deal with a heavy crease thru the players face. I need to figure out if I want graded cards only but I think I will opt for whatever comes along in that regard. Color variations are less important to me and could still be the proverbial dangling carrot for future collecting as would factory and other anomalies. I have no real resale considerations (certainly not in the foreseeable future) but unsure still about whether to focus on things like rare combinations of fronts and backs - Hall of Fame players - things like that. 17 backs of which I imagine 16 I will eventually get. Seems like a good beginning and only 16 cards to think about and ferret out. I thought I might try and make rare combinations and the like for the more common backs, and be more satisfied to make the more difficult backs with a more common player - but with such a small set I think I want to make it an exotic undertaking. I am no threat to any collector here - what with my desire to get 16 cards from a possible population of 1,500,000(?) Does anyone have any thoughts about my undertaking and direction? I am patient and comfortable. Assuming I was looking for examples in the good to very good range, semi-stars/HOF/tough combination cards - what would be a casually rendered guesstimation of the cost of such an undertaking? Some of you might have started this way and some may have taken the other route - down sizing to types - as the prices escalated. Any help greatly appreciated....