View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default My take on Michael O'Keeffe's book, "The Card"

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Hi Mike,

During 2003 and 2004 we spoke many times on the telephone. In several of those calls we discussed the T206 Wagner PSA 8 and how you and your brother were in possession of photographic evidence of the Wagner in it's original state, well before it was graded by PSA. You had indicated that you were working with one of the major network news programs, like 20/20, who was going to be doing a full exposé. Since I was friends with Mike Baker you asked my opinion of how Mike would feel were this information to come out.

In addition, during that time you were a regular member on the SGC chat boards and posted on a thread in which you were discussing the Wagner in which you, in essence, piqued readers' interest by inferring the same thing you had told me on the telephone. Of course I went back to that thread and your post was deleted along with all other posts you made that were associated with any controversy.

So why now the surprise about the author mentioning the existence of this photographic evidence?

Prior to editing your initial post you wrote this:

What about some of O'Keeffe's other sordid details? I can't speak for others, but I can address specific words he writes about BMW Sportscards. O'Keeffe's statement that Brian and I intended to use a secret photo of the T206 Wagner as "the centerpiece of a book or lawsuit against Mastro" is barely worth a response. There was and is no book or lawsuit. We never even considered such things. They're a total invention by the author. Apparently, O'Keeffe is the type of journalistic supersleuth who looks under every rock. Even the imaginary ones.

You are a very bright guy who is very well written. You identify the author stating you and Brian are in possession of these photos and that you are going to do a book or file a suit against Mastro. In your response above that is no longer on the thread, you only state that there was and is no lawsuit or book. Well what about the photo? And again today you raise the secret photo that the author refers to. Who ever said it was old and fuzzy? Just wondering where you are going with this.

If you have this secret pic of the card what is preventing you from presenting it?

Greg