Thread: a major problem
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Default a major problem

Posted By: jay behrens

The only way any change will happen is if people voice their complaints. I don't have a problem with people wanting to talk about something other than cards from time to time, but you can do it without hijacking a thread. Leon allows some leeway with OT posts, so those that feel the need can start whole new thread rather than hijack an active thread. one person's dead and overhashed thread is someone else's active and vibrant thread. Why do the hijackers get to decide what is dead thread and what is active thread?

I almost posted this in MW's thread, but realized that I would have done the very thing I was complaining about. Even though I helped start another forum, I still read and post here because this is home and I still care about it. The beauty of the other forum is that we have editing capabilities that don't exist here. If someone tries to hijack a thread, we can take that post and move it to a more appropriate area without having to delete the post and we keep the thread from being hijacked. Hell, we can start an area just for Seinfeld trivia, or any other topic, if enough people want an area for that.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.