View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default Is there a pre-war set likely to decrease in value?

Posted By: leon

IMO it's easy economics barring some world wide/US market disaster. I have always bought scarcity, as I enjoy it, and it has done very well for me.....HOWEVER, there are glitches to these thinly traded issues. I was underbidder on 2 of the Alpha Engraving (commons if you can call them that) cards at low five figures....I guess everyone that wanted one, for the time being, got one....as each one in REA went for about 4k plus juice....so there can definitely be "gotcha's" in the scarcity/value proposition. Really though if we look at it the supply/demand equation worked perfectly in this scenario. The demand had somewhat dried up and there were 2 on the market at the same time. I agree that the high end market (SGC88/PSA8) and above could take a hit depending on registry folks....it still all goes back to supply vs demand....I would also mention I believe there are more people coming into our field than totally getting out so, over time, that should generally drive the market up somewhat....regards