Thread: T207 Heaven
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Default T207 Heaven

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Great question, Bob. Most of my collection is not slabbed simply because I've owned most of the cards since before grading really took off. I do get things slabbed when I go to sell as I think we would all agree that graded cards bring more $ at auction and ungraded cards tend to make bidders nervous.

Having said that, my goal was to put together a graded T207 set. Someday my nephew, who is not a collector, may get these cards and having the set already graded will help to establish a value and insure an interest from auction houses should he decide to sell. Incidentally, T207, at 200+ cards, is the biggest pre-war set I've ever put together.

Most of the T207s I picked up ungraded, mostly on ebay. The PSA, SCD and GAI cards you see on the site were already graded when I bought them. I sent the raw cards to SGC over a long period of time, kidding myself into thinking that I wasn't paying a lot in grading fees.

In many ways I would prefer to display them in 15 pocket sheets. This would make them so much easier to store and to look over. With graded cards a web site is really the best way to show them off nowadays so that's what I've done.