View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Default Worst Experience Collecting

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Everyone has had kind words and regrets my situation - it is really appreciated, as I thought some might have said I was whinning like before when I mentioned this.

What is really sad is that several of the people who e-mailed me have also had run-ins with this person who ripped me off. It seems this person has sent SEVERAL board members vile and threatening e-mails. I knew he was doing this, but it seems on a larger scale than I thought. Also, what is sad is that a lot of these people have reported him to the FBI and nothing has been done about this individual - he continues to "run wild". Well, I also reported him to the FBI, along with several others around the same time he ripped me off. Nothing was done then either. I even contacted his local police dept. That is when I was told I would have to recoup my money in civil court. This is when I decided to handle this situation myself, in person, at the National (if he doesn't show this year, I will be like a Cubs fan - waiting until next year).

I don't know if Leon would allow it on his site. However, I have thought long about having a section on my website with people's names who have ripped people off, altered cards or done anything shady in OUR HOBBY. I have always thought this would help out everyone. The only requirements would be that you have some type of proof regarding your statements. What are everyone's thoughts on a thread or section like this? You can e-mail me at tycobb@adelphia.net and let me know. I am more than willing to do this on my website. I am almost certain that Leon might be interested in doing this here as well, as it would be great for the Hobby. I would love to hear input on this from everyone - either here in this thread or by e-mail. I will also be more than willing to share everyone's thoughts who e-mail me with Leon, so he could decide whether to do this on Net 54 as well.

Again, feel free to e-mail me at tycobb@adelphia.net or post your thoughts here. Also, thanks again to all who e-mailed me already - I really appreciate the kind words.

Scott Elkins
eBay I.D. - croftscocoa