View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default The projection is August 4th!

Posted By: Jason L

it seems like your argument assumes that Barry Bonds' behavior is ok simply because "everyone else has done it-or may have done it" and we shouldn't penalize him any moreso than anyone else.
I would agree that we shouldn't hold him to any different level of accountability than his baseball peers, but I disagree in saying that his behavior is acceptable because it's all relative to what others may have done.

You are more than right that he accomplished some amazing things on the diamond before he started doing whatever he did to his body, and it is sad that he felt he needed to do the drugs (maybe in response to being left out of the McGwire-Sosa attention/lovefest), because I would love to have seen what he could have done without going down that path...

Aside from all the drug controversy, he engenders so much dislike among fans because he openly disregards our attention. I don't know why someone would honestly like a guy who constantly behaves as though (and says that) he doesn't care about you...like some sort of dysfunctional relationship.

Peter,
It may be in SF, but I still would be surprised if Bud Selig felt compelled enough to do something for him...but we'll see! (He'll probably get voted in anyways...)