View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Default Going to Cooperstown for my Bachelor Party

Posted By: mike

Congrats. Otesaga is easily the best hotel. I think Baseball and history is pretty much summed up in Cooperstown. The shops are a trip in themselves. The art and farmers museums are OK - the time is probably better spent hiking and fishing.

Outside of town, if you like beer, I would go to the Cooperstown Brewery in Milford on NYS 28. The tour is $2 with samples. Outside of Milford and Cooperstown there is the Ommegang Brewery with free tours and tastings; 3 Philosophers is a meal. That tasting is totally worth the drive from Cooperstown. The Bear winery on NYS 28 towards I-88 has locally made samples and is OK. No tour. The Cider Mill in Fly Creek (about 10 minutes from Cooperstown) is more a girl kind of thing, but they have an old working cider press and tons of local products to sample free, including of course cider and apple wine.

You can catch the rookie league Oneonta Tigers on the 1st and 3rd. Oneonta is a college town on I-88 and is about 25 miles from Cooperstown. The Soccer Hall of Fame is there. If you stay at the Oneonta Clarion you can visit the downtown restaurants (Autumn, Stella Luna, Tokyo Express, Athens) and bars (Black Oak). Also, the Yum Yum shack outside Cooperstown on 28 has good seafood, but you're from Boston, so ...