View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default Help me decide which of these sets to pursue on the side?

Posted By: joe brennan

Dave,
If you want a little fun on the side...Reminds me of a fellow ball player of mine.
Dave had the most beautiful wife I ever seen in my lifetime and I have seen many a beautiful woman. Well on road trips, Dave's eye would wander and he would stray. One day while we were sipping brews at a well known road water hole, I asked my best friend, "Why in the world do you go after all this hamburger when you have a steak at home?" He thought about it for a while and looked at me as seriously as I ever seen him and said, " You know sometimes I like a good hamburger."
Don't know what that had to do with this post but it reminded me of that story.
If you want a little fun on the side, why go sooo costly? Grab on to a lesser vintage set that you can pick up lots of and put together in between T206 buys. Find a nice looking baseball or football set or sets from the 60's or 70's and put it together raw in binders. Buy bulk lots, trade with others and not spend a fortune and see you collection grow. It's a blast to do like we use to as kids. The monster is my one vintage love, but I'm having more fun putting together 60's football from my childhood than I ever thought I would. You can amass alot of cards quickly and still keep the bulk of your dollars for T206 purchases. Good luck, Joe

In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.