View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Default What is next in 21st century card collecting

Posted By: T206Collector

...I purchased on ebay an ungraded T206 card signed by Fred Snodgrass. It came with an index card that had a note from Sno describing how he was once a catcher and that the correspondent should look for the Glory of Their Times in the next year. It is, to me, an amazing piece of baseball history, especially for the T206 collector.

I will have the card and letter submitted to JSA/SGC for authentication, and will then share the card on SGC's website for others to enjoy.

The suggestion that my collecting practices are mindless is offensive to me. And, regardless of how many times I read Frank's initial post, it is very hard for me to understand it as a neutral question. Instead, I can only read it as wondering what other heartless practices or technologies are going to be engendered by 21st Century collectors.

But, perhaps the most frustrating thing about Frank's or Ted's posts in this regard is that they do not acknowledge the power their posts have to insult. Instead, when others are insulted by their initial posts, our responses -- and ultimately, our perceptions as to how we read the comments -- are viewed as the problem. There is no room for recognizing the underlying cause of the issue.