View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Default What is next in 21st century card collecting

Posted By: John

Ted,

I respectfully disagree. No one here is not getting your way of collecting Ted because of age barriers or hobby knowledge. In fact Ted you might be surprised on how similar our collecting knowledge and collecting habits are. The only reason I haven’t been collecting as long as you or Frank is I wasn’t born yet. But I have been at this for 22+ years so I’m not exactly new either.

The above comments that Frank made were not meant as advice, as much as they are bloated cheap shots towards others, for 2 guys who want us to get it already, you guys seem to have a hard time getting the other guys point of view. In fact I’ve seen more heat from your guys side of the camp towards the graded guys than vice versa.

I also don’t buy for a minute that in the 80’s nobody was ripping folks off, with trim jobs etc. Heck I collected in the late 80’s early 90’s there were plenty of folks out to make a buck buy being dishonest and that was just in my small town! So I’m sorry if I don’t buy this it was all rainbows and lollipops before the evil grading companies came along. The one thing I will give you is that grading companies were to suppose to resolve the issue of dishonesty and they have fallen very short of doing so, if they have done so at all. In many ways they have created more issues than before.

Best Regards,

John