View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Default What is next in 21st century card collecting

Posted By: Brett

I kind of feel the same way. I don't understand why I should have to pay someome at PSA or SGC to tell me that my creased to hell card is in poor shape lol. Well, its different for me, because I mainly just collect cards. I'm not in it to make a quick buck because I actually like the cards i'm buying and not too worried about an investment. I just sold some cards on the BST to get rid of them, because i've decided to stop collecting a few sets and hope to get my money back on them. Although, if I can make a little money, theres no harm in it. For people who are in this business to make money, grading cards is the way to go. I'm not too fond of the grading companies just because of the inconsistencies in the grades and also because cards are getting graded when they look to be trimmed and cards that are restored are getting graded... really high. Also, just because 1 guy at PSA says my card is PSA 4, doesn't mean its right. Its just 1 guys opinion right ? I might crack it out and send it off to get graded again and it might come back a PSA 5. In the future, they should get some high tech computer to scan the card to find out it its been restored, if its the proper size and so forth and give it a proper grade. Also, if I drop a card thats been graded on the floor, the case might break and mess up the card. I like the top loaders with the penny sleeves. If I drop it on the floor, the card is fine I;m not trying to bash grading companies, like I said, i'm not in it for make money, so grading isn't my thing. If theres alot of typos its because i'm tired and i'm going to bed lol.