View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default First baseball memories!

Posted By: Russ Bright

On Sunday I got to take my son to his first baseball game! He is ten months old and just an absolute Joy - even if he WAS up from 4-6AM today (lol)

Seattle Mariners vs the Texas Rangers. The Mariners won 14-6 - with Ichiro going 4-5 with his first Home run of the season!

In addition; it was Kids day, Jackie Robinson Day (60th anniversary) and J.J. Putz Shirt day. We got to the park a little early because I always try to get autographs. As it turned out, J.J was signing autographs right by our seats. So I grabbed the shirt and My son, with butterflies in my stomach and headed over there. We got J.J's autograph and I joked about my son flirting with the female usher. Afterwards, I was approached by a photographer from the local paper asking our names, which I told him.

J.J. ended up pitching in the 9th and we have a great souvenir with the shirt. On monday, I did some research and found the e-mail address to the photographer and got him to e-mail me a copy of the photo!

While Phil may not remember the game, we have tickets, autographs and a great picture of him meeting his first Baseball player!

I think his mom and I were more excited than he was, but it was a great day for everyone, and I just wanted to share with the board... it's the little things that make this sport special...

[IMG][/IMG]