View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Default Problem with John Ward Four Base Hits

Posted By: Jim Clarke

I'm with Barry, Jay and almost anyone else on this deal. I think it "stinks" The consignor and auction house are at fault. I do not know the consignor, and I'm sure he a a great guy. However, I would love to hear how he presented the card to Mile High. Even if he presented it as altered, why did he not contact them after reading the write up, on one of their featured lots. I think Mile High is has a lot of explaining to do as well. I think they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar with this one. This will taint their auctions, in the future, on high end items I believe. I would think this issue right now would scare any future consignor including me (not that I consign stuff)on high end items.

On another smaller issue. Why didn't anyone come forward with this info to the board until Barry? Why was it a secret for people???? Humm... I see a banner ad running and hope that did not BUY silence. Just think what Mr. Mint would have to do to be kicked out of SCD? Hope it does not happen here on this public INFORMATIONAL forum.

JC