View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Default Problem with John Ward Four Base Hits

Posted By: leon

With respect to the card going up in price, since New Years, I am not sure it matters as there are still 2 full weeks left. Had I been the high bidder I would have had ample time to take whatever appropriate action needed to be taken. Of course there was work known to be done on the card but NOT to the extent that it was, at the time of the auction announcement, I am told. I don't think this info was known more than a day before I found out about it. The time really wasn't an issue, again, imo. You can certainly disagree on that matter. After really looking at the card I also agree the restoration job isn't that great and really should have been detected early on. The first addendum was inadequate and I made that known to the auction house. It was further amended later this morning. I trust Brian to do the right thing, as he has done, and continue to run an outstanding auction...which this is certainly one. There are some great pieces and if I am lucky enough maybe I can get a few. best regards ps...I appreciate Brian coming on and giving some details too.