View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Your most expensive accident

Posted By: Mike

I have two

1) Along with old cardboard, I collect original newsphotos, and wire photos (huge difference by the way). I purchased an original "negative" from SC gaynor auctions. It was Foxx in a close up in full swing at the plate. Gorgeous. I put it some where for safe keeping. Well, 5 or 6 years later, I cannot locate it anywhere. I have tore my office apart too many times to recall. I fear it is lost forever. I'm dumb.

2) I purchased a rare poster of Foxx.( uncataloged) It arrived safely. When I opened the package, it was encased in a large plastic sleeve. when I was sliding it out of the sleeve, some scotch tape, which it had been sealed in, came out of my hand, got on the poster, and ripped the crap out of it, as I was sliding it out. Bummer. I just stood there in shock. I have hidden it away ever since, not wanting to be reminded of my brainlessness. I have never seen another like it. I'm dumb

One more. A friend was attempting to split apart a slab which contained a 51 Mantle bowman. He thought he would resubmit, as he felt it was unfairly graded. The box cutter he was gently useing, slipped between the two sides and cut the card in half. bummer. he's dumb