View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default This is the exact frigging reason you use a sniper!

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Well, with these blank backed e97s and e93s, the thing about them is they are all handcut. So wavy and/or uneven borders are to be expected. It's funny, I remembered to bid on the e97s, but totally forgot about the e93s. I'm not sure how I managed that. I believe I placed a bid on all the e97s that were there but Gary and Bruce and everyone else gave me a sound beating for sure and I came away empty handed. That e93 Cy Young went waaaaay low I thought.

It seems that e93s come up quite a bit nowadays. I see at least one or two on Ebay a month now. e97s are tougher to come across. I won a large group of 18 of these from Mastro last summer that included Cy Young, Kelley and Keeler. A couple months later, a smaller group of 6-8 was also auctioned off on Mastro. I haven't seen any offered since then and I think the group that ended last night was a part of the second lot Mastro offered.

Someone remind me, I know we've discussed this before, however there are only 3-4 e98 blank backs in existance and no one has ever seen any blank backed e94s correct?