View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Count me among the people who would love to see the market hit bottom on prewar cards...not that it will ever happen.

I don't own a single card in a slab. I will take Poor/Fair cards all day long -I will take ex/mint cards if I could, but on my long ago abandoned shot at the Monster ($ to Bill Heitman) I had cards ranging in all grades and I never looked to upgrade - it was just filling holes and once it was filled it was filled. I much prefer learning about the guys on the cardboard than flipping for profit. That's a whole other game and I have nothing against anyone who does that because I know a lot of people do that to finance their hobby and they are very good at it - it's just not the way I approach the hobby. Nearly all of my focus is collecting items that I view as companion pieces to the research and resulting knowledge of the game I love.

Now with all that gibberish out of the way....if I had unlimited funds and it didn't matter that the market is very high and buying a PSA1-2 Wagner would be the same as the average guy buying a hamburger I would go absoulutely crazy - My focus would expand to include set building of every major set pre-WW2. Every member of this board would hate me.