View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: Marc S.

and for those of you who dismiss him as a buffoon playing with bleach -- you have no clue what you are talking about. Kevin can expertly detect trim jobs, recolorations, gloss additions, and myriad other alterations that aren't even on the radar screen of some experienced graders. Kevin is a student of the hobby -- and he is absolutely one of the good guys who is willing to try and educate collectors about what to be careful for. For me, it is always a sad testament about the human condition that so many are so willing to drop thousands of dollars on rare and/or high grade material without doing any due diligence on those materials -- and then crying foul if they found out a dealer sold them a trimmed card, of when they find out that some graders are more or less reputable than others.

I am very thankful for Kevin's expertise and assistance, and I think his warnings, sometimes dire, simply highlight a worst-case scenario that many of us care not to imagine. Consider how many auctioneers/dealers/collectors may know bits and pieces of this same information, but are simply not talking about it.

Marc