View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: John

Kevin,

My apologies, I’m really not trying to be confrontational at all. Its just it seems every week for the past months we have been presented with lots of speculation and innuendo about the hobby being destroyed, trimmed altered etc. Were all a bit tired of the constant conspiracy theory stuff, or at least I am.

While most of this stuff is all news worthy, most of it if not all of the things that are brought to light are done so in a very cloak and dagger manner with very little fact or proof behind them. This makes it hard to believe or do anything about it. Also certain individuals have made it their personal soapbox agenda, which further ruined any good intentions behind the cause of cleaning up our beloved hobby.

I understand all to well the fact it wouldn’t be prudent to go into step by step detail on altered cards and how there done. I also appreciate your inputs on bad cards being highlighted by yourself. But unless your superman, you cant be with all of us all the time.

How then do you suggest we protect ourselves from this epidemic you speak of?

What things should we be on the lookout for?

What are the common tell tale signs of altered cards?

Are there things we can do to help us spot altered cards?

Have you taken steps to offer your services to grading companies?

These are just some of the things others and I are asking for your input on. If you can’t give us guidance on some of the above, and all we can talk about are broad statements and photos, all you have succeeded in doing is making collectors paranoid.

Just one collector’s opinion. Balls in your court Kevin.....