View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: John

Cmoking if your going to quote me please quote me correctly please…

“Kevin, not out to get you but so far you’ve posted some blank case slips and opened PSA slabs. You’ve admitted you’re a card doctor with vast amounts of knowledge and your buddy Jim has eluded that you could use this to you advantage.”

I stand by that quote; I also saw the other posts with pictured cards with various jobs etc. Perhaps I’m wrong but Kevin never really goes into to detail on any of the posts I have read, if anything he posts and leaves it open to speculation.

What’s the point of it all? To make us all paranoid or educate us?? I’m not questioning his ability as card doctor or knowing methods of card alteration. I’m merely questioning the point of all this brining things half to light with broad statements and images. Is this going somewhere or not? If you cant tell us what to look for and we cant tell for ourselves due to the quality of your work and others as stated below by Kevin himself, then what the hell is the point and where is he heading with this? I think those are fair questions???

“They are the ones that try their best...and do a good job. As proven, an advanced card doctor can get almost anything by. If it can't get by then I'm sure almost anything can be completely created. “

“Ah, but can you tell when an old card has been made to look newer then artificially aged? I can't and neither can the best graders in most cases.”

Right now Kevin is not coming off as an educated hobby defender but more like a guy on a street corner with a billboard that says “The End is near!!”

Also the only scary thing so far that Kevin has brought to light are comments he’s made about his own skill, openly admitting he’s a card doctor who could fool us all. I’m the only one who finds that odd, that someone would brag so openly about this???

“I am a collector and card doctor...albeit an honest one. All my work is either with me or in "very trusted hands" and will not enter the hobby.”

“If I was unleashing fraud (knew someone to say it...thank you), I wouldn't post about it and am quite sure no one would ever know. Enjoy your card as it is, a mystery to all!”