View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: John

Kevin,

Empty slabs don’t concern me, neither do blank slips, I buy cards not holders. You don’t even have to get fancy with hot knives etc, just ask WIWAG….

I have also been collecting for sometime I know a fair amount about the cards I collect and what to look for. Could I be fooled, sure we all could given the right fake and level of the counterfeit in question.

If you want to make collectors aware, perhaps author and E-book detailing the things to look for, show some of the basic tell tale signs of doctored cards, just a thought. This doesn’t have to be a how to guide to doctoring cards, just a how to spot armature work etc.

If you can’t do this and all you can show are the above pics, you’ve really added nothing more than the baseball card equivalent of the “Grassy Knoll” IMO.

If I’m being totally honest with you Kevin, photos of cracked slabs don’t upset or concern me, its statements like the one below that do give me reason for concern. Not questioning your integrity Kevin, just being honest.

“I am a collector and card doctor...albeit an honest one. All my work is either with me or in "very trusted hands" and will not enter the hobby.”