View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Default Let's Be Frank, Actually My Name Is Peter...

Posted By: Jason L

I would love it!
I am a fan of the game of baseball first
I am a baseball card collector second
and I am a baseball card "investor" third

So, if the market for cards dropped through the floor because the game fell out of favor with the collecting public (which is the only demographic that matters here), then I would be happy as a pig in slop, because there is no reason for the game to stop being MY pasttime, I would still be a collector, and the opportunity would likely turn me into a major "investor."

I love collecting the cards, and I enjoy the history they represent. The physical cards would be the same, history wouldn't have changed - just the future value would be in doubt...but with contiually falling prices, that important barrier to entry would be evaporating, hourly, as you say - so, BUY BUY BUY!!!

Now, if the market fell apart because of some other macro-factor like a depression, global war, or say, the Cubs winning the Series, well....that's different.

One strategy would be to complete all the sets you had your eyes on before the drop...but wouldn't this be fun instead: Focus on one or 2 cards or sets and hoard them so that when the market returns, they cannot be found, except for whaterever price you set!!! How exciting would that be?