View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default How many chances do you give a seller

Posted By: Jason L

standing on principal can cost more than it's worth...

I recently bought a $30 vintage card on Ebay, only to have the wrong card delivered very late - and to top it off, I can almost guarantee that it's a fake. Get this, the seller then says that he made a mistake and mixed up two of his shipments, sending me some other guy's card, and mine to someone else...so please return it and he will ship me the right card.

I kept pestering him until he sent me the card that I was supposed to get in the first place (just for fun, because I was dying to see if that was fake too), telling him that I would return the mistaken shipment.

Well, I got it, and it is fake too. I didn't pursue my $ back, I didn't leave any feedback at all, and I have 2 fake cards. I figure if I keep them, then that's 2 fewer fraudulent transactions he can make in the future.

That's me, saving the world from one fake card at a time. -or maybe two!

Another way I can prove it is fake: the seller never bothered me for either card!!! Didn't ask after them, demand anything back, or give me a negative feeback. That is why I am reasonably confident that I am NOT sitting on $150 worth of vintage cards, having only paid $30...

edited to add: the 2 cards are a 1940 Play Ball Arky Vaughan and a 1941 Double Play Handley/Vaughan