View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default Assembling T206 sets....my advice....what's yours ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

I have recently received several emails asking me how I am able to put T206 sets together so easily.....

Now this is not meant to be a "dig" at all you collectors of Graded cards (there is too many of you and I do not
want to antagonize you)....but, it is very impractical to put together any T206 set if you are limiting yourself to
acquiring only Graded cards, one or two, or at most.... a dozen at a time.

First, it gets very costly, and in this present "impatient environment", if one hasn't attained 500+ cards within a
year (or less), most will give up and sell or trade off their cards.

It's no big secret....I've been successful by buying large collections of T206's. Private ones with up to 400+ cards.
But also, quite a number from ebay. About a year ago, I won a 240 card lot from ebay. It was there for all to bid
on.....but, to my pleasant surprise, I only had to contend with 4 other bidders. It's really unbelievable that only 5
of us were interested in this large collection. Every card was scanned, and many appeared Vg-Ex to Ex cards.

But, of course they were UN-GRADED........

and, I'm sure that's why many would-be bidders avoided this fantastic ebay lot. And, there are always large lots
in the popular Mail Auctions. Most of those result in some real bargains. One that I won recently, had 300+ t206's
and I paid an average of only $25/card. It included a Green Cobb, both Johnson's, and many HOFers in it....hey guys,
it doesn't get much better than this.

Many of the cards that I didn't need for my collection from these large lots, I was able to get Graded as "4's, 5's,
and even "6's".

TED Z collection