View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Default The most famous person who actively posts?

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Ha! I'm just a country lawyer in NYC who happened to have the fortune to cross-examine one of the hosts of a popular morning show on WABC during a very public criminal trial last year; it went badly for the host (went well for me) and after the trial was over I was asked to co-host some shows with him. With zero experience in radio I gave it a shot and enjoyed it. Over the past 10 months or so I've hosted my own show on WABC on occasion and otherwise filled in as a host on the Curtis & Kuby show on the station. (Curtis being Curtis Sliwa of Guardian Angels fame) I fill in ususally a few times a month from 5:30 am to 10 am and was on all last week (and apparently this coming Monday as well). It doesn't impact my legal career and I enjoy it so it's been fun. As for that question and answer that Rich pulled from a show last week with WABC's program director Phil Boyce, I mentioned on air the next day that Phil was just trying to knock my salary drive off track. Seriously, Phil is a savant when it comes to understanding radio and I've learned that he's right pretty much 100 percent of the time so I defer. As for Rush Limbaugh comparisons - yikes - he's way too right wing for me. As for doing this stuff fulltime, I doubt it as I really love being a trial lawyer first and foremost. Though trying to succeed at a completely new career at my age has been a challenge which I have enjoyed as well.