View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: Silver King

Wow. What a thread. Knowing nothing about cards and authentication I feel I'm a pretty impartial person. I would think that Mr. Verkman should take the card back and refund the money just to get everything back to square one. If Mr. Verkman is certain the card is authentic then whatever evidence he has can be used to authenticate the card and then re-auction the card with full disclosures in his next auction. It's the only win/win situation for both parties. If this card is found to be authentic down the road then all this publicity will elevate the price higher than $18K. If it is found to be a fake then the money would have to be refunded anyway. Bottom line - refund the money, authenticate the card and re-auction it again with full disclosures.

What else can any buyer do that hasn't already been done? It's time for Mr. Verkman to step up and authenticate the calendar...but refund the money and relist the card for future auction.

robert shaw