Thread: PSA Pop Report
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Pop Report

Posted By: JimB

I remember a few years back the pop report listed a high-grade Cobb back (PSA 6 or 7). I knew of all the known copies and knew that such a high-grade example did not exist. Then one day I saw it listed on ebay. It was listed as a red Cobb portrait. The flip said Ty Cobb brand back, but the seller provided front and back scans which showed it was a Sweet Cap back. I e-mailed the link to the customer service person for the registry at PSA and never heard back and nothing changed in the count. I don't know if anything has happened since then since I have not checked in years. But that could be a second one that is counted in their pop report that actually is not a Ty Cobb back. Maybe the customer service person did not realize what an important card this was and the existence of a nm example would be phenomenal hobby news. Who knows.

Here is the one I cracked a couple of weeks ago.

[url=][/url" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4181/t206cobbcobbpsacasest0.jpg">][/url]

Don't know what is wrong with the image. I have linked with Imageshack a hundred times before.