View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Default It Must be Dump Day on eBay Today

Posted By: Dave

I think the prices that are being seen in the listings the last couple of weeks on vintage cards is indicative of the current economic situation. If you really want to buy cheap material wait a few months. I predict right now and here on NET54 that vintage card prices will fall this summer as the economy slowly starts to tank. There is going to be a huge upheaval in the banking industry when the trillion or more dollars worth of A.R.M.'s come due, and there isn't money to pay them. Investors and collectors should be able to snatch up cards easily at prices not seen for a while due to low demand and high supply. All the dealers that are buying cards right now with the hopes of turning a profirt in a few months are going to have to sell and take a loss or hold on to their goods and be patient. Since our economy is basically being driven by the real estate market right now I think once that bubble bursts, the stock market will follow, and then the overall economy. My friend has owned a lending company for several years and he is thinking that things are going to get really bad during the next few months.
Thats my prediction anyway....we'll see if it comes true. If I can go to the local Saturday card show and buy T206's for $10 each again all I can say is "Davey ...Likey those prices".

by the way the 707 prices and some of the N172 cards that are on there now are just plain ridiculously priced. These guys are either dreaming or really must be heavily invested in these cards