View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default What do consignors want from an auction house?

Posted By: Jim Clarke

What's Important in an auction company to me.

1. Have auctions 3-6 times a year.

2. Give good descriptions and photos of FRONT and BACK of items.

3. Make a nice Paper Catalog and EZ to navigate website.

4. Have a consistant theme to lot values. (500.00-1000.00-2000.00 etc)

5. Do a GREAT job in keeping up with NEW buyers in the hobby.

6. Stay scared in running your business and try to set new standards for everyone else to follow.

7. If Ebay had a way to have a BIG Sports Cards auction where all items closed within a two day period then a number of auction companies would go bye bye. Ebay/Paypal fees will not even add up to 10% and then all buyers would be tuned in to these auctions as they all go off within a certain time frame. Ebay misses out on BIG buyers because they do not always have the time to search for stuff. Problem is there will not be a Legit middleman making sure quality items are being sold and shipped. I'm sure they would figure it out though.

8. Make it easy on the consignor having a link to see the current prices of their consignments (I'm not sure if all companies do this as I do not consign stuff that often).

9. Offer many perks for both buyers and sellers making it a way of life in dealing with the auction company. Sorda like what Disney does at all their theme parks when you shell over thousands of dollors to ride on 4 rides a day and see the sites.

10. Do away with the EST. prices.. What good is this for? Do you want to show someone over paid for an item or show the consignor it could have got more money... LOSE-LOSE deal here...

IMO here only and I'm sticking by them.. JC