View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Default I know this is way off topic but...

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Well now JK I didn't say for him to not get insurance. But if you couldn't read that, you can't read this, either.

Umbrella policies might attract a lawsuit. Especially if victims know of it. And they could learn about such either from idle talk, or from discovery in the legal proceeding. Huge umbrella polices are ever so slightly a magnet for a lawsuit. If a suit's headed your way anyway it's nice to have the umbrella, I guess.

I still stand by what I said up there earlier. Didn't say for him to not only forego an umbrella policy, but cancel his homeowner's too. I suggested he talk to his agent!!

I used to be a lifeguard, for years. Been a homeowner. Had homeowner's insurance. Been a lawyer. Sued people. Been sued. Even climbed a few pool fences in my day. So I've done all of the stuff from all of the angles but for being an insurance company or agent. I stand by what I said up there.

The reason to not get a pool isn't the liability, it is that they're a constant pain to maintain. It's like a giant toilet bowl that you have to clean constantly. Initially, it doesn't get as nasty as a toilet. But you aren't worried about your toilet's PH, cloudiness, or other issues. Leaves and dirt don't blow into your toilet (unless you live here in Kentucky and you leave the door open to the privy). Maybe you're going to pay someone to tend to the pool... Pools are a pain to maintain.