View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Administrator

Default A T206 printing question for Bill Heitman, or anyone ?

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

BILL

In another current Thread you mentioned the re-printing of vintage cards by Gum, Inc. (the old Bowman
Gum Co.). In 1981 I visited with George Moll and I'm sure you know that he was a pioneer in this hobby.
For those who don't know of him....he started the Moll Advertising Agency which did all the artwork and
production of the PlayBall, Bowman, and their Non-Sport cards (Horrors of War being their most notable).

Anyhow, Mr. Moll showed me some of these Goudey re-prints you referred to. These cards were printed
by the firm in Philly that produced some of the PlayBall and Bowman cards for the Bowman Gum Co.
George Moll was fascinated by the 1933 Goudey set and this motivated him to have his Agency to devote
much of their time producing all those cards we collected from 1939 to 1955.

OK, that leads me up to my question to you regarding the printing of the T206 cards. We have never found
any uncut sheets....just a few vertically printed short strips of the same player repeated.

THE 5-CARD STRIP WITH WAGNER

The 5-card horizontal strip with Wagner, CYoung, etc. is not a real production piece. If you look closely at it,
you will observe that it comprises 5 individual cards pasted together.
What is your opinion about this strip ?

Finally, can you please tell us what you know about how these T206's were printed ?

Thanks much,

TED Z