View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Default Vintagecardpricing - Billing warning.

Posted By: arcade

Many of you may recall that after a lot of discussion and self promotion, Bobby offered members of this forum the ability to receive a refund on their membership to Vintage Card Pricing. This was instead of a free trial period that some of us requested.

Well I took him up on that offer, and it didn't take me long to evaluate his service and see it was not suited for me or my collecting tastes. About 90% of my searches came up empty or with too little data to be worthwhile.

His welcome email came on September 3, 2006 8:54am, and he was able to respond to my cancellation request by 6:56 pm of the same day. Should have been cut and dry with a reverse charge, right?

Six months later, I notice the VCD charge on my account is apparently reoccurring, and my account was never canceled. I contacted Bobby today, and he responded telling me I've been a member since September, and there was never a trial period. Hmm. Either way, I was under the impression my account was canceled when requested, and I haven't signed in to use the site since that time.

I do feel the need to make this issue public, because a) he indirectly used this site to solicit business, and b) I'm figuring this was a genuine mistake on his part, which might prompt others just to keep an eye on the billing - just in case.

I wish Bobby well with the project, and hope that this was a fluke incident. From what I can gather, Bobby aims to run a professional site, that will become a standard tool in the future...and that's why I trust he'll see to it that this error is corrected with a full refund for any unauthorized past charges.