View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet, I may be wrong here but let's here opinions??

Posted By: Doug Allen

Barry,

Now I will get a bit defensive. You can say what you want about fluff but when it comes to sentence construction and grammar I will stack my guys up against anyone.

My writing staff is led by Brian Bigelow who has built what I believe to be a world class team. These aren't ex hobby guys that are trying to learn how to construct complete sentences. These are skilled writers that have also learned to appreciate and describe incredible material. Our customers have come to expect our writers to perform adequate due diligence and provide due attention to each and every item they catalog.

I would submit that errors do slip by but I also feel that the overall level of the writing is exceptional. I would appreciate if you would personally reveal specific lot descriptions that you find objectionable. I am not looking for an anomaly. Please e-mail me with a half a dozen lots from recent catalogs where you believe the writing of lots with as you call "fluff" include improper use of the English language. By the way sometimes in the writing crunch at the end of the cycle guys like Kevin Struss and Myself jump in and write vintage cards...please don't pick those out as I do admit if our proofers didn't see them in time some of those write-ups may be brutal (sorry Kev)!

Looking forward to your examples as at the end of this we are simply looking to put out a better product.

Sincerely,
Doug