View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Sold on Ebay- T204 Ramly PSA 4 Walter Johnson

Posted By: BlackSoxFan

Daniel and I spent some time discussing this image approximately a little over a year ago. I put Daniel in touch with Mr. Thomas and with Walter Johnson's business representatives (CMG Worldwide). I myself spoke at length with them regarding this piece. While it certainly looks a lot like Walter, no one was willing to affirmatively state that it is him. I myself do not believe it is him (or i would have purchased this item), but it CERTAINLY could be. I believe I talked to DRC about this and he did not think it was Walter.
I have an extensive collection of images relating to Walter (after all - he is my favorite non-Black Sox). Unfortunately, none of those images date to his time in Idaho. Walter spent his final two years of minor league ball playing in a semi-pro league in Idaho. He played for the team based out of Weiser. So it would not surprise me to see Walter playing in a jersey with a W on it.
If this is him, then the image almost certainly dates to the mid-00's as Johnson played for Weiser from 1905 until the middle of 1907. I had intended to do some calling around the local Weiser area to see if anything else would help figure out who is pictured. Unfortunately, I have been too busy to ever get around to doing that.

Regards,

Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

email me
The Black Sox Blog