View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Default MastroNet Lot Misrepresentation – Results of a Discussion with Doug Allen

Posted By: davidcycleback

I would think it depends on what was missing that was described in the description. If it was a very large autograph collection and it came missing 6 Phil Garner index cards, it would make little difference and the winner might not notice. However, if it missed four Mickey Mantle signed baseballs that were described and pictured and the winner anticipated getting, then there would be legitimate complaint-- even if the number in the title was accurate.

As a bidder, I ordinarilly base my bid on the number in the title-- but also read the description to see what I should be getting. It's unlikely I would count the number of things in the description itself, but would know that I was supposed to be
getting four Mickey Mantle signed balls. It would be possible I would never actually count what I received in the UPS box, but would know if I was missing a Mantle.

I've won large group lots from the big auctions that included more than was described. For example, I won a Joe Louis collection that was described as having two Louis autographs, but had five.