View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Default Packaging cards for shipment

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Any horror stories about people not having much common sense when they package cards for shipment?

The whole idea behind this thread is to make people aware that they should use a little common sense when shipping cards via USPS, UPS, FedEx (or what ever service)

Here's a couple true stories:

• I purchased a few N162s from a seller in Australia. The cards were shipped in a 50 count plastic box (used for Topps cards). The kicker is that there was NO other material in the plastic box, just the cards. I about crapped my pants when I opened the package and saw this. I could only imagine the corners of the cards becoming more and more round as the package was put through the system.

• I purchased a PSA graded card recently (from someone on this board) and the person put the encapsulated card into a thin bubble mailer with NO other protection. No stiffners, NOTHING. I received the card and the case was cracked in two places. I mean, cmonnow, do people really think that a plastic card holder can withstand the abuse of the US postal system? I was pretty disappointed. I told the seller about it and all I got was an email stating, "oh no". Rather than make a big deal of it I decided to just accept it. Maybe someday I'll find someone placing a PSA order that will include this card for re-encapsulation. I stopped submitting to PSA a few years back.

Does anybody else have any packaging horror stories? I think a little common sense on the part of a person shipping cards would be prudent.