View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Default Man gets robbed at gun point trying to buy vintage cards on ebay

Posted By: Dylan

JK, the thread has nothing to do about bragging about ones firearms. I posted the thread to show that there are people on ebay listing auctions with intention to commit pre meditated armed robbery. Thats pretty serious in my opinion. I think 99% of people would have been done with the ordeal after the funds were returned from paypal and the cards were never shipped. But the buyer was greedy and couldnt bare losing out on the potential profit.

I trained to work in law enforcement for a time. I would never in any circumstance be reckless with my firearm. Its carried for the sole purpose of protecting oneself and others from harm. If I had a 9mm pistol barrel pressed against my temple with 12,000 cash on me... people have killed for much less. Especially since the victem knows what the robber looks like, where he lives, paypal info, etc. The robber could have executed him due to him knowing those things. The buyer should have never met with him in the first place.

But to hint that were a bunch of cowboys because we carry a handgun for self defense is wrong and downright ignorant. I have the right to protect myself and my family. It has nothing to do with the money or baseball cards but with the safety of myself and loved ones.