View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Default Man gets robbed at gun point trying to buy vintage cards on ebay

Posted By: Jim

To respond to a few of the questions and comments......

"I don't think guns and baseball cards mix too well. Anybody really want to get into a shootout over a '58 Mantle?"

- Depends on the grade.

"wow, this has turned into one of the more pointless threads Ive read on N54. Lets all brag about how big our guns are now."

- if you dont like the thread, no one is holding a gun to your head to make you read it!

"much southern testosterone running around on this thread"

- I assume that because my id is "Southerncards", this one is directed at me. I was born and raised in the Bronx, moved to northern NJ where I lived for 20 plus years and only moved to Va. for my job in 1997. I've been here a whopping 8 years. Not long enough to be filled with southern testosterone.

"I suppose now instead of my PSA 8 is better than yours"

- No, but my SGC 88 is better than your PSA 8 (shameless SGC promotion)

"That being said, I have some questions for those of you packing heat:

1. You're not kidding, are you?
2. Are you carrying a licensed concealed weapon, or just winging it?
3. Are you carrying a gun to card shows?
4. If you're that worried about getting shot or robbed, is it really worth it?"

1. Nope not kidding. I carry my gun just about everywhere.
2. I am carrying my weapon under my authority as a sworn law enforcement officer. I always have my weapon, badge and id with me.
3. Yep, card shows, grocery store, the day care when I pick up my kids. Crime doesnt care where you are when it strikes.
4. My life is really worth it. People have died after being robbed of $5. Its your life and family you are protecting, not the cards.