View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default nap lajoie psa 9 throwing t206

Posted By: fkw

Not that this is the case here. But there have been people who say they have cards they dont actually own (yet), take your $$ then buy the card from another source and sell it to you like a middle man.

It happened to me a couple times. A few years back there was a dealer (many know him) who would advertise in the SCD unique cards from my website but at about 50-100% more than my prices. He would then have a few SCD readers contact him, and then he would try to buy the card from me to sell to them (usually making a couple hundred ea.). I didnt know about this and did sell to him 2 times. It wasnt until a fellow collector told me his monthly ads in the SCD were at times 75%-100% my cards (many rare unique "type cards"). I really didnt care too much at first because I was happy to have a sale, but then I thought about it more and didnt like it. From that point on I would tell him, the card was saved or sold, or I even temporarily jacked up the price of every card he advertised to what it said in his ads to kill his profit. His practice of listing my cards ended soon after.