Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: Andrew

Jim, we met a few years ago at Mr. Peets, remember? Don't worry if you see me cruising up and down your street. :--)

Anyway, that has happened - also with UPS - on multiple occasions. I do know that FedEx outsourcers some of their ground service, so they can't leave a note as there is no pick-up facility. The driver either tries again a few times or returns to sender. Therefore, most prefer to drop at your doorstep and be done with it. Also, some carriers such as the USPS make a subjective determination as to what's a safe environment, if so deemed, they will leave the package on your doorstep for all the world to see. I conveyed my concerns to Mastro as they only now ship via FedEx. Although it's via an insured option that was intended for the jewelry industry (I believe it's called DVX), the driver will still leave without signature on occasion. The little note that UPS leaves isn't much better as their distribution facility is so far away. Give me USPS Registered-Insured anytime.

"Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." -- Erica Jong