View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Default the price of leaving a negative feedback on ebay

Posted By: Dave

I read the thread that Leon started, but never responded to it.I'm relatively new at posting to this board. I agreed with him though on many points. I think there should be a way for devoted collectors of vintage baseball material to run auctions that are "shill" free. I'm not a computer network expert, but perhaps there is a way to put something together if we all pitch in our ideas. Ebay started out as a place for PEZ dispenser collectors to go to, and has grown to it's current size today from that humble beginning. So I think it could be done with some effort and of course money !
Barry, I too was disheartened to learn about the Ebay seller seminars that encourage shill bidding. I've never attended one, but the people or business that runs them posts their flyers in supermarkets and in drugstores, and even on telephone poles. I go to the antique stores several times a month in the small town where I live, and have overheard the workers in the stores talking about bidding on each others items. Very depressing, and I doubt Ebay can really stop this from happening.