View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Default Any advice on putting a collection together.

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I have put together a list of cards I would like to attain for my collection over the next 30 years. The collection I would like to put together seems pretty daunting at first but hope with a good game plan and luck that this can be accomplished.

It seems when I want to put something together for my collection. I jump out of the gates running in a full sprint. A short time later I get discouraged at what I am trying to collect, b/c of people putting in high snipes on eBay or people trying to sell $1 for $5. This normally results in me selling a chunk of cards that I bought b/c I begin to feel overwhelmed and discouraged.

I am aware that some of you have amassed very nice collections. I would greatly appreciate any advice you’re willing to give on putting together a collection without getting burned out and discouraged during the process. I have listed what I would like to add to my collection below. If you have any ideas or thought about how to go about collecting these it would be greatly appreciated. There are some very difficult cards are listed below, which would require luck in finishing this collection.

The list in no particular order:
T206 Southern League (plan on completing this by the end of the year)
T206 HOFers
T206 Top 10 rarest cards
HOFers that were elected their first time on ballot (one card of each, some are RC’s)
Ty Cobb leaning on bat

*All T206’s to be graded SGC 40

I appreciate all your advice in advance.

Charlie