View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default Link to Warnings?

Posted By: Rhys

Leon + Others

I think that perhaps as a way to prevent people from falling into traps like the Ty Cobb advertising sign that was discussed in another thread, what would you guys think of a link at the top of the main page, or some type of permenant page that provided warnings for items which are frequently coming up for sale that are fake? With the constant influx of new people on the board and the collecting knowledge on here, I think it would be a good way to keep people constantly informed without having to bring it up periodically on the main board. Almost like a link with posts from personal experiences or expert opinions about what types of items to steer clear from on ebay so that anyone at any given time can go into it and educate themselves without searching long lists of posts.
It seems like something new is "outed" about once a week and if you are not around when it is discussed, you just miss the information. If this is too labor intensive or too much trouble than it is not a big deal to me, but I think it could be a priceless tool to people venturing into new collecting areas, or new collectors who stumble onto this site for the first time.

Rhys Yeakley