View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Default New eBay Bidder Policy

Posted By: Joann

I don't follow bidders around. As a practical matter, I don't have time to do a lot of ebay searches - I check new items every few days in the pre-1930 category and search the postcard area maybe 3x per week. That's it.

Also, I think it's unfair to do that. I know full well that I don't put nearly the time into ebay as others, and feel like they have earned an advantage by putting time into the process that I either can't or won't. It just doesn't feel right to hitchhike on someone else's efforts, especially since I am so aware of how little time I put into it.

That may sound naive, or like bs, but I actually don't do bidder searches for that reason. I'm really not even tempted. It just feels wrong.

For me the ebay policy impact is in not being able to see who is bidding on a card I'm interested in. I also like looking at finished auctions of items I really had no ability to buy just to see who got it, who wanted it, etc. I think it's cool how many times a really unique items will have a bidder list that is most or all comprised of people from this board. Don't know why I like that - just do.

Joann