View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default Drastic changes, bidder history;

Posted By: Larry

After a lengthly discussion with a knowledgable account officer, I have come to realize that their ultimate goal is profitablity, absolutely are trying to stop direct contact with buyers/sellers off line using the guise that they are stopping 2nd chance offers and other fraud.

We debated this 30 minutes, I have to hand it to him, he was seemingly convincing but when I mentioned that now sniping will be more apparent and fraudulent id's will use multiple ones, he stated sniping services are not very reliable. He states that their research shows that there really is little problem with multiple id incidents and most cases of shilling are not really picked up by the end user, their internal program monitors are much more reliable. That I know is not true. I am not a big fan of sniping but I AM A BIG FAN of independent choice for the individual buyer or seller. Having access to the information of those that buy and sell from us especially specific feedback history during an auction and others makes our business and the collector more savvy, now we are in the dark.

I really cannot see well blindfolded...very depressing.