View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Reality Check Sad and Insane May be Hung Soon

Posted By: barrysloate

This thread proves what we've known all along- our own country is completely split and neither side is willing to tolerate anyone else's point of view. The Pro-Bush crowd hates the dissenters and anti-Bush throng hates the war, and if this thread went a thousand posts nobody would back down and accept anyone else's opinion on where we went wrong. If there is so much dissension right in our own backyard, we have a quandary that will not get resolved. I have my own point of view as to why this war is a disaster, but as I scroll down this thread and see how inflexible we all are (I suppose I'll include myself in that group) I just see how far this country has fallen. I'm actually afraid to see a Democrat elected in 2008 because he/she will just become a punching bag for all of our myriad problems. Maybe we should just let Bush have a third term so at least we could keep kicking him in the butt and say it was all his fault. Forget the civil war in Iraq- we have an ideological one here in America. It's not about making the world better, it's about who to blame for everything that has gone wrong.