View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you think deserves to be in the HOF!!

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

The place claims to be the Hall of Fame.

There are so many folks in there that there are too many for all of them to be famous, or at least so famous that folks actually recognize all of the names. I'd add a few folks, but I'd remove a bunch, like Puckett and Carter... and I'd thin out some of that most recent bunch of inductees.

Who should be in?

Ed Reulbach (he did early players' fraternity stuff that predated Flood, and that is a big reason his career was shortened, owners didn't want him in baseball).

Ted Simmons.

And I'm ok if they elected Flood and Santo. Any voter who votes Santo in after he dies who could have voted for him while alive who didn't... those voters should be buried for a period of time equal to that time span from when Ron passes and his induction. That would teach the knuckleheads to hold off voting folks in while alive.

And Pete should be in there any day he pays admission, just like us. He should never be inducted. Not ever. Anyone who thinks otherwise fails to comprehend the dynamics of gambling and the origins of professional baseball, the reasons for baseball's rules about gambling, and the wisdom of Pete's ban. Lord he was a fierce competitor, what a hitter... but his conduct precludes his enshrinement.