Old 12-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default My Ideas for Next Steps

Posted By: BcD

Fuzz
Veteran

This was posted on the CU chat board~

Send user a private message View thread in raw text format

A number of years ago, I bought a very desirable pack from one of the guys who later turned out to be a GAI grader. This was obviously well before GAI was established and PSA was a mere pup. The price was extra right so I picked it up. I paid less than the going rate for the wrapper and had bought it with intent to open. I suspected it was a reseal based on prior dealings with this person.
Sure enough, when it arrived it was laughable. It was a whole piece of gum vintage 1979 based on the dimensions. Thumb print in the wax, etc. I opened it and there was a single card (as expected) with heavily rounded corners and multiple deep creases though the card. The wrapper showed no effects of corner wear or being foled and the gum was whole. Clearly this was fake. He knew it and I knewit. If you hire a person with this kind of ethics, you probably shouldn't be surprised by what you get.
But in defense of the rest these guys, there are a few resealing artists that are incredible. Knowing for sure I believe to be impossible. I hope that PSA does not suffer in their reputation from making this choice to authenticate packs. I believe that some mistakes will be unaviodable. This was a driving force many years ago why I gave up packs and switched to wrappers and boxes. Best of luck.
Fuzz

BcD

new chat board Elclods moderates has 42 posts!
31 of them are from Elkins himself-no job and no life!